Does the Bible contradict itself? Skeptics often think that the Old and New Testament present vastly different messages. Is the Old Testament a book of God's wrath and the New Testament a book of God's love? Does Genesis one contradict the creation account in Genesis two?
Answers to criticisms
- Answers to Biblical "Contradictions" - What about all those passages in the Bible that contradict one another?
- Eye for an Eye or Love Thy Neighbor? Are the Messages of the Old and New Testaments Different? Doesn't the Old Testament condone retribution whereas the New Testament emphasizes love?
- Doesn't Genesis One Contradict Genesis Two? - The order of creation is different. Isn't this a contradiction?
- Where Did Cain Get His Wife?: What About Inbreeding? If Cain was the firstborn and killed his only sibling, how did he find a wife?
- The Mysterious Case of the Missing Q - The existence of the hypothetical "Q" document is full of misstatements, misinterpretations, faulty logic, and factual errors. (off site)
- Was Jesus Christ just a Copycat Savior Myth? An examination of the claims regarding Adonis, Baal (and Hadad), Marduk, Osiris, Tammuz/Dumuzi, Melquart, Eshmun, Mithras, Dionysos, Isis/Osirus, Buddha, Krishna, Indra, Thor, Horus, etc. by Glenn Miller, Christian ThinkTank (Introduction, Part 2)
- Walk Like an Egyptian: Comparing Osiris, Horus, and Jesus by James Patrick Holding, Tekton Apologetics Ministries.
- Mithras by Mark McFall. Examines the assertion that Christianity borrowed the resurrection myth from Mithra.
- Accept No Imitations: Did the Stories of Apollonius of Tyana Influence the Gospels? by J. P. Holding. More copycat myths.
- God Invented in the Image of Man? - Mankind does invent gods, but they are permissive and non-judgmental, not like the God of Christianity.
- No Evidence of a Spiritual Realm? - The presence of pervasive evil as an argument for the existence of the supernatural.
- Nothing Unique About the Teachings of Jesus Christ? - The radical teachings of Jesus Christ
- Atheism Test - Is strong atheism based solely on logic and knowledge?
- Answers for Atheists and Agnostics
Last Modified August 14, 2009