The Inflationary Big Bang Model
The inflationary big bang theory is, by far, the most accepted theory of the origin of the universe. All evidence gathered to date supports this theory. Other theories rely upon sets of unlikely circumstances or phenomenon which can never be tested or proven.
Big Bang Timeline
- 0 second to 10-43 second. Only God knows or can know what happened during this period of time. We know only that at least 9 dimensions of space existed as what is called singularity. All of the universe-to-be existed as a point of no volume. Time as we know it was created.
- 10-43 second, also known as Planck time. This is the point at which gravity, one of the four unified forces, became separate from the remaining three forces.
- 10-36 second. The strong nuclear force (the force that holds the nuclei of atoms together) separated from the other three unified forces.
- 10-36 to 10-32 second. Immediately following and triggered by the separation of the strong nuclear force, the universe expanded rapidly for this brief period of time.
- 10-32 to 10-5 second. The universe is filled with quarks, antiquarks, and electrons. The quarks and antiquarks combine and annihilate each other. Quarks are in excess of antiquarks by a ratio of 1,000,000,001 to 1,000,000,000. The remaining quarks will make up all the matter that exists in the universe.
- 10-12 second. The final two unified forces split from one another. Electromagnetism, which controls the attraction of negatively and positively charged particles, becomes separate from the weak nuclear force, which controls radioactive decay.
- 10-5 second. The universe cools to 1,000,000,000,000°K allowing quarks to combine to form protons and neutrons, the building blocks of atomic nuclei.
- 1 second to 3 minutes. The universe continues to cool, allowing protons and neutrons to combine to form the nuclei of future atoms.
- 10-32 second to 3000 years. Electromagnetic energy, produced during the annihilation of quarks and antiquarks, dominates the forces of gravity.
- 3000 years to present. Matter becomes the primary source of gravity. Matter begins to clump with the aid of large amounts of exotic or dark matter. This matter interacts weakly with electromagnetic energy, but is able to clump with itself through gravity, even during the domination of electromagnetic energy.
- 300,000 years. Continued expansion and cooling allow matter and electromagnetic energy to decouple. The nuclei of atoms are able to capture electrons to form complete atoms of hydrogen, helium and lithium.
- 200,000,000 years. Galaxy formation begins as matter continues to clump.
- 9,000,000,000 years. The solar system forms.
- 10,000,000,000 years. Life begins on earth.
- 13,700,000,000 years.1 Jesus Christ conquers sin.
- There is Too Much Evil and Suffering For God to Exist?
- Where is God When Bad Things Happen? Why Natural Evil Must Exist
- Haiti Earthquake Kills Over 200,000: Where was God?
- Southeast Asia Earthquake and Tsunami: Where was God?
- Where was God During the World Trade Center Attack?
- If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace?
- D. N. Spergel, R. Bean, O. Doré, M. R. Nolta, C. L. Bennett, J. Dunkley, G. Hinshaw, N. Jarosik, E. Komatsu, L. Page, H. V. Peiris, L. Verde, M. Halpern, R. S. Hill, A. Kogut, M. Limon, S. S. Meyer, N. Odegard, G. S. Tucker, J. L. Weiland, E. Wollack, E. L. Wright. 2007. Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) Three Year Results: Implications for Cosmology. Astrophysics arXiv:astro-ph/0603449v2.
Today's New Reason to Believe
Integrating Science and Faith
- 04/14/2014 02:32 AM
Digital and Analog Information Housed in DNA
Two researchers have demonstrated that DNA harbors information in both digital and analog formats. These two types of information appear to be coupled intrinsically through DNA nucleotide sequences to form an irreducibly complex system. This new insight reveals the elegant sophistication of genomes and advances the case for intelligent design by highlighting the remarkable analogy … Continue reading
- 04/10/2014 02:24 AM
Q&A: Four Rivers and the Location of Eden
Four rivers come together in Eden?Â The text says a river flowing through Eden became four heads.Â You look for the source [of the river], not the effluent.Â In addition, there is no reason for putting Eden in Mesopotamia except human tradition, which is almost always wrong.Â Please read the text.Â There is a place where four rivers rise:Â Turkish Armeniaâ€¦.Euphrates … Continue reading
- 04/07/2014 02:41 AM
Q&A: Who Created God?
Hello, Let me start by saying Iâ€™m not actually a believer at this moment. When listening to the lectures, I hear a lot of talk about the complexity of things being a big proponent for creation or design because somebody created it. But at some point in the paradigm youâ€™re at least admitting that, somewhere, … Continue reading
- 04/03/2014 02:16 AM
The Higgs Apocalypse
In Mondayâ€™s post, we saw how God could have used the Higgs mechanism to help power the creation eventâ€”but the Higgs might also provide the mechanism by which God will someday sweep away this creation and replace it with the new heavens and new earth. Higgs physics allows for a possible scenario that sounds a … Continue reading
- 03/31/2014 02:47 AM
The Higgs Boson: How to Create Everything from Nothing
Physicists at CERNâ€™s Large Hadron Collider (LHC) have reported new results showing that the â€śHiggs-likeâ€ť boson discovered in 2012 is indeed consistent with expectations for a standard model Higgs boson (sometimes called the â€śGod Particleâ€ť). This important particle could help explain the â€śhowâ€ť of creation ex nihilo, or how God created everything out of nothing. … Continue reading
- 03/27/2014 02:16 AM
Q&A: What Is the Purpose of the Numbers in the Genesis Genealogies?
To whom it may concern,Â Iâ€™m Jade, a second-year engineering student whoâ€™s struggling through Genesis, and Iâ€™m currently caught on the genealogies in Genesis 5. I did read your articles on them, but they all left out one problem: the numbers that the genealogies give.Â The other telescoped genealogies donâ€™t give these numbers, and even … Continue reading
- 03/24/2014 02:44 AM
Hypernaturalism: Integrating the Bible and Science
Though the views of naturalism and supernaturalism often pit science and religion against one another, hypernaturalism is proposed as an alternative that combines divine power and natural law. It is hoped that such a synthesis of science and faith can help religious people become more accepting of science, and place Christianity in a logical framework … Continue reading
- 03/20/2014 02:31 AM
Are You Ready to Talk about Noah?
Depictions of giraffes, polar bears, kangaroos, and other animals happily marching up the ramp of a big ship remain firmly fixed in most peopleâ€™s minds when the name Noah is mentioned. Though appealing in childrenâ€™s picture books, such images raise questions and even draw ridicule from skeptics. Where did Noah obtain the technology and resources … Continue reading
- 03/17/2014 02:01 AM
Particle Reservoir Blunts Solar Storm Damage
Our Sun looks remarkably stable, but as with all other stars, its magnetic field exhibits variability. This variability leads to events where the Sunâ€™s magnetic field connects to Earthâ€™s and causes an influx of charged particles. Recent observations show that Earthâ€™s magnetic field houses a reservoir of charged particles that blunts the disruptive effects of … Continue reading
- 03/13/2014 02:23 AM
When Is Y-Chromosomal Adamâ€™s Birthday?
A study published in 2013 by scientists from University of Arizona reported a date for Y-chromosomal Adam at 338,000 years ago. This date made Y-chromosomal Adam almost 200,000 years older than mitochondrial Eve, presenting a problem for the RTB creation model for humanityâ€™s genesis. New work by researchers from University of Houston and Johns Hopkins … Continue reading
Last Modified June 16, 2006