The Inflationary Big Bang Model
The inflationary big bang theory is, by far, the most accepted theory of the origin of the universe. All evidence gathered to date supports this theory. Other theories rely upon sets of unlikely circumstances or phenomenon which can never be tested or proven.
Big Bang Timeline
- 0 second to 10-43 second. Only God knows or can know what happened during this period of time. We know only that at least 9 dimensions of space existed as what is called singularity. All of the universe-to-be existed as a point of no volume. Time as we know it was created.
- 10-43 second, also known as Planck time. This is the point at which gravity, one of the four unified forces, became separate from the remaining three forces.
- 10-36 second. The strong nuclear force (the force that holds the nuclei of atoms together) separated from the other three unified forces.
- 10-36 to 10-32 second. Immediately following and triggered by the separation of the strong nuclear force, the universe expanded rapidly for this brief period of time.
- 10-32 to 10-5 second. The universe is filled with quarks, antiquarks, and electrons. The quarks and antiquarks combine and annihilate each other. Quarks are in excess of antiquarks by a ratio of 1,000,000,001 to 1,000,000,000. The remaining quarks will make up all the matter that exists in the universe.
- 10-12 second. The final two unified forces split from one another. Electromagnetism, which controls the attraction of negatively and positively charged particles, becomes separate from the weak nuclear force, which controls radioactive decay.
- 10-5 second. The universe cools to 1,000,000,000,000°K allowing quarks to combine to form protons and neutrons, the building blocks of atomic nuclei.
- 1 second to 3 minutes. The universe continues to cool, allowing protons and neutrons to combine to form the nuclei of future atoms.
- 10-32 second to 3000 years. Electromagnetic energy, produced during the annihilation of quarks and antiquarks, dominates the forces of gravity.
- 3000 years to present. Matter becomes the primary source of gravity. Matter begins to clump with the aid of large amounts of exotic or dark matter. This matter interacts weakly with electromagnetic energy, but is able to clump with itself through gravity, even during the domination of electromagnetic energy.
- 300,000 years. Continued expansion and cooling allow matter and electromagnetic energy to decouple. The nuclei of atoms are able to capture electrons to form complete atoms of hydrogen, helium and lithium.
- 200,000,000 years. Galaxy formation begins as matter continues to clump.
- 9,000,000,000 years. The solar system forms.
- 10,000,000,000 years. Life begins on earth.
- 13,700,000,000 years.1 Jesus Christ conquers sin.
- There is Too Much Evil and Suffering For God to Exist?
- Where is God When Bad Things Happen? Why Natural Evil Must Exist
- Haiti Earthquake Kills Over 200,000: Where was God?
- Southeast Asia Earthquake and Tsunami: Where was God?
- Where was God During the World Trade Center Attack?
- If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace?
- D. N. Spergel, R. Bean, O. Doré, M. R. Nolta, C. L. Bennett, J. Dunkley, G. Hinshaw, N. Jarosik, E. Komatsu, L. Page, H. V. Peiris, L. Verde, M. Halpern, R. S. Hill, A. Kogut, M. Limon, S. S. Meyer, N. Odegard, G. S. Tucker, J. L. Weiland, E. Wollack, E. L. Wright. 2007. Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) Three Year Results: Implications for Cosmology. Astrophysics arXiv:astro-ph/0603449v2.
Today's New Reason to Believe
Integrating Science and Faith
- 03/10/2014 02:26 AM
New Research Suggests Two Overlooked Functions of Junk DNA
Life scientists continue to identify new functions for so-called junk DNA. Recently, a researcher from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention pointed out two overlooked â€śjunk DNAâ€ť functions: (1) serving as a nucleoskeleton that establishes the volume of the cellâ€™s nucleus; and (2) acting as a mutational buffer that protects the genome from … Continue reading
- 03/06/2014 02:07 AM
Research Rules Out Rogue Planets
A high-sensitivity search for very distant planets in the solar system reveals a lack of rogue planets and other features common in other planetary systems. This remarkable circumstance allows our solar system to manifest a benign environment for enduring advanced life and suggests the involvement of an intentional Designer. **** A rogue planet on a … Continue reading
- 03/03/2014 02:58 AM
Deuterium Measurements Double-Check Cosmological Parameters
A report in a recent Astrophysical Journal issue reveals that astronomers have used measurements of unprecedented accuracy for the primordial deuterium abundance to double check the values of the cosmic expansion rate and the fraction of the universe made up of ordinary matter. Knowledge of these parametersâ€™ values enables astronomers to build a detailed cosmic … Continue reading
- 02/27/2014 02:15 AM
Q&A: How Do You Envision the Big Bang?
From Calvin Staats in British Columbia (submitted via Facebook): As far as I know the big bang has only been defined or thought of as an expansion or explosion of all matter from a singularity. Do you envision this as all matter compressed into a tiny space with a huge mass? For some reason Iâ€™ve … Continue reading
- 02/24/2014 02:41 AM
How Long Was Creation Day Six?
Is there biblical support for an ancient Earth? Guest author Travis Campbell makes a compelling argument for old-earth creationism from the sixth day of creation and addresses common young-earth counterarguments. **** This is an interesting day and age in which to be a seeker of truth. We have more reasons to believe in God today … Continue reading
- 02/20/2014 02:16 AM
Mars Research Reinforces Creation Model
Data collected by the Curiosity rover reinforce two important points in RTBâ€™s creation modelâ€”namely that Earth is the ideal home for humanity and that the solar system and its resident planets are billions of years old. **** Scientists say that a manned mission to Mars is feasible in the next decade and some have even … Continue reading
- 02/17/2014 02:20 AM
Rovers Report on Marsâ€™s Past Potential Habitability
Data from rovers continue to build strong evidence for transient periods of liquid water in local regions early in Marsâ€™s history. Furthermore, those water environments likely contained the chemical ingredients and conditions that could provide a habitat for certain types of life. However, the transient, local nature of Marsâ€™s â€śhabitableâ€ť environments serves to highlight the … Continue reading
- 02/13/2014 02:49 AM
What Inspires Your Belief in God?
A recent psychological study from Claremont McKenna College and the University of Southern California confirms that belief in the supernatural occurs more readily in people who experience awe at the wonder of nature. Though many researchers attempt to provide a naturalistic account for these beliefs, the explanation falls short. **** In the late 1990s, skeptic … Continue reading
- 02/10/2014 02:38 AM
Scientific Upset: More Functions for Pseudogenes
Long-held scientific consensus that pseudogenes are functionless genetic junk has been further discredited by the discovery that some pseudogenes code for proteins. Does this unexpected finding support the evolutionary paradigmâ€”or creation models? **** During the course of the football season, sports pundits fill the airwaves with predictions about the outcome of games to be played … Continue reading
- 02/06/2014 02:50 AM
No Bad Flare Days for the Sun
Solar flares, if energetic enough, can spell bad news for advanced life. But ongoing research has revealed the unique stability of our own Sun, a quality that implies the solar system was designed for the benefit of advanced life and, in particular, humanity. **** For me, every day is a good hair day because I … Continue reading
Last Modified June 16, 2006