Objections to Christianity
There are plenty of reasons skeptics give for objecting to Christianity - it is anti-women, anti-environmental, racist, anti-Semetic, and pro-slavery. In addition, Christian apologetics is often characterized as just being a God of the gaps approach, in which our small place in the universe is dwarfed by the immense size and obvious waste of effort by a clumsy or absent God.
Answers to criticisms
- God of the Gaps - Do All Christian Apologetics Fall Into This Kind of Argument? - A survey of arguments reported to support the existence of God and whether they are just due to a lack of scientific knowledge.
- Invisible Pink Unicorns, Santa Claus and God - Since we cannot detect God's existence, can't we automatically assume no god exists?
- Isn't the Size of the Universe Too Large to Have Been Created by God for Humanity? Why didn't God create just one star and one planet?
- Is Christianity anti-Environmental? - "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it." It is only on loan from God...
- Global Warming: Will Human-Induced Climate Change Destroy the World? Why are all the wacky Christians denying global warming? Maybe they just don't know? Global Warming Myths
- Questions on Salvation - Is Jesus necessary? What is this gospel stuff?
- All Religions Lead to God? Can One Discern the True Religion? - Can religious truth be discerned or are we relegated to being unable to choose?
- Does God command wives to obey their husbands? by Glenn Miller (Christian ThinkTank)
- Racism in the Bible? - Doesn't the Bible condone racism and segregation?
- Does God Approve of Slavery According to the Bible? Contrary to the claims of skeptics, selling a person into slavery was punishable by death in the Old Testament
- Sexism in the Bible? Doesn't the Bible demean women and treat them as second class humans?
- Is God Male? What Does the Bible Say? - Isn't God a little old man who has male sexual organs?
- Anti-Semitism in Mel Gibson's Movie The Passion- Is the Bible Anti-Semitic? Who is really to blame for the death of Jesus?
- Harmonization of the Gospel Resurrection Texts by Anne A. Kim
- What Happened Resurrection Morning? - reconciling the four gospel accounts in a narrative style.
- Evidences for the Resurrection from Biblical Studies Foundation
- Robert H. Stein, "Was the Tomb Really Empty?" Themelios 5.1 (1979): 8-12.
- Taking the "Jesus Puzzle" Apart Piece-By-Piece - A chapter by chapter rebuttal of Earl Doherty's book.
- The "Gospel of Judas": National Geographic Attacks Christianity With Biased "Research" - the National Geographic's unscholarly attempt to promote the "Gospel of Judas" manuscript as an authentic early Christian document
- Gnosticism and the Gnostic Jesus - What about all those other "Christian" writings from the 4th century? Why were they rejected by the church? (off site) (Part 2)
- Jesus as Θεός: Scriptural Fact or Scribal Fantasy? By Brian Wright - The original Bible didn't say Jesus was God, did it?
- Answers for Atheists and Agnostics
Last Modified April 28, 2009