Critiques of Young Earth Creation Science
Although young earth creationism is the primary creation theology in the U.S., it suffers from numerous scientific problems, including evidence for the age of the universe. Young earth creationists often use discredited "science" as support for their young earth interpretation, including moon craters, a decreasing speed of light, polonium halos, Moon dust, rings around Saturn, etc. Let's look at what science really has to say about the age of the universe and the age of the Earth...
- How Old is the Earth According to the Bible and Science?
- Scientific Evidence for the Age of the Universe
- An Evaluation of Evidence for the Age of the Universe - 13 Christian astronomers evaluate the evidence
- The Earth Looks Old Because it is Old - A walk through the woods can say a lot
- When Did the Moon Get Craters? A Young Earth Problem - The young earth paradigm produces contradictions between creation evidence and the Bible
- Critique of "When Was the Ice Age in Biblical History?": The Pleistocene is Not in the Bible - AiG's "biblical" explanation for the ice age, makes young earth creationism seem ridiculous.
- Rebuttal to "Ten Problems Against the Big Bang"
- Is There Really Scientific Evidence for a Young Earth? by Matthew S. Tiscareno
- Assessing the RATE Project by Randy Isaac (ASA)
- Is the Speed of Light Decreasing? - An analysis of the theoretical and observational flaws in the hypothesis that the speed of light was much faster in the past. Actual data and graphs from Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Decay of the Earth's Magnetic Field Proves the Earth is Young
- Polonium Halos in Primordial Rock Prove the Earth is Young
- Not Enough Dust on the Earth or Moon Prove the Earth is Young
- The Rings Around Saturn Must be Young
- The Slowing of the Earth's Rotation Rate Means the Earth Must be Young
- The Human Population is Increasing Too Rapidly
- Dinosaur Soft Tissue Found in T. rex Bones - Is it really "fresh" tissue?
- Errors in Tired Light Cosmology by Dr. Edward L. Wright (offsite)
- A Visit To Mt. St. Helens rebuttal to the idea that Mt. Saint Helens provides evidence for young earth "geology" by John N. Clayton (offsite)
- Supervolcanoes as Evidence of a Young Earth? by Greg Neyman (offsite)
- Book Review: More Than a Theory: Revealing a Testable Model for Creation by Hugh Ross
- Book Review: Creation As Science: A Testable Model Approach to End the Creation/evolution Wars
- Book Review: Peril in Paradise: Theology, Science, and the Age of the Earth
- Book Review: Who Was Adam?: A Creation Model Approach to the Origin of Man
More Biblical Creation
Peril in Paradise: Theology, Science, and the Age of the Earth by Mark S. Whorton, Ph.D. goes beyond the superficial doctrines espoused by the young earth "perfect paradise" paradigm to examine underlying assumptions and extra-biblical teachings of the movement. Peril in Paradise examines verses cited as support for the perfect paradise paradigm in context to determine their actual meaning. In addition, the book compares the perfect paradise paradigm to the perfect purpose paradigm proposed by old earth creationists. Since the book sticks to the scriptures almost exclusively, it cannot be claimed that old earth creationists ignore the scriptures in preference to "fallible science." More...
A Matter of Days: Resolving a Creation Controversy by Hugh Ross examines the biblical creation controversy through an in-depth study of history, theology, and science through a testable creation model that proposes a mechanism to settle this raging dispute.
Don Stoner looks at the age of the earth from a scientific and biblical perspective. He presents much more evidence that is not presented in A Matter of Days: Resolving a Creation Controversy.
Last Modified April 18, 2013