Evidence for God Newsletter April, 2014
"Evidence for God" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Evidence for God Newsletter April, 2014
Date: April 2nd 2014
This is the latest update for the Evidence for God website. Welcome to our new subscribers.
- Design vs. evolution
- Biblical theology
The Los Angeles Chapter of Reasons To Believe is going through the RTB video series If God Made the Universe. If you live in the Los Angeles area, please stop by for the study and some good Christian fellowship:
Monday, April 7, 2014, 7:00-9:00 p.m.
154 W. Sierra Madre Blvd.
Sierra Madre, CA 91024
I gave a talk in Paradoxes Sunday School Class, on "Designs in DNA," which will soon be converted to the YouTube video. I will be teaching on "Failures in Evolution" on April 27.
Design vs. evolution
Design of the Moon
The giant impactor model for the formation of the Moon was originally thought to have solved the problem of the Moon's formation. However, recent computer models show that the models cannot account for all the characteristics of the Earth and Moon (Earth's rotation and similarity of the composition of the Earth and Moon). The fine tuning required has led some scientists to "philosophical disquiet." Find out why...
Dual coding DNA
The information content in human DNA is enormous, but we are just beginning to understand how efficiently the DNA is encoded. Scientists originally thought that only the protein coding DNA, comprising only 3% of the DNA, was useful. The other 97% of the DNA was thought to be junk. However, the last few decades of research have shown that the vast majority (>80%) of non-coding DNA is functional. Scientists have now discovered that some of the protein coding DNA not only codes for the protein sequence, but simultaneously codes for sequences that bind transcription factors (proteins that regulate the transcription and expression of genes). These dual coding sequences have been termed "duons." Although we have known about transcription factors for decades, scientists had never thought to look for binding sites within protein coding sequences, since dual coding was thought unlikely from an evolutionary viewpoint. However, these duon sequences are ubiquitous! More...
DNA design video
Based upon duon sequences mentioned above, plus alternative splicing of RNA transcripts and dual coding alternative reading frames, our new video shows how human DNA is is optimally designed for life. Many of the design features were so unexpected that scientists discovered them only recently, since evolution would never be expected to produce such features. More...
With the opening of the Noah movie (no I haven't seen it), there has been a lot of interest in Noah. Noah was one of the patriarchs of the Bible, who remained faithful to God, despite the corruption that occurred around him. We know virtually nothing about Noah's early days. The Bible only mentions that his father, Lamech, named him Noah (which means "rest"), because "This one will give us rest from our work and from the toil of our hands arising from the ground which the LORD has cursed." Both Christians and Jews recognize Noah as a great man of God, who, despite his challenges, remained faithful to his calling. More...
Read this or previous editions online, subscribe or unsubscribe, or edit your subscription profile:
Get new article notification automatically by subscribing to Feedblitz e-mail
Those are the most recent updates and changes since the last e-mail
update. "By faith Noah, being warned by God about things not yet seen, in
reverence prepared an ark for the salvation of his household, by which he
condemned the world, and became an heir of the righteousness which is
according to faith." (Hebrews 11:7)
Evidence for God from Science respects your privacy and online time and plans to send updates no more frequently than about once every two months. Subscription information is available online.
<< Previous: Evidence for God Newsletter
| Archive Index |
Provides recent updates to the GodAndScience.org website.