End of Days Prophecies, Rapture, and Christian Tribulation
- Will Christians Go Through the Great Tribulation? - What did Jesus say? Pre-tribulation rapture refuted.
- Will Christians Suffer the Wrath of God? - The wrath of God is directed against non-believers after they persecute the Church during the Great Tribulation.
- The Persecuted Christian Church - A history of hatred against Jesus and His followers.
- How Close are the End Times? - Speculation about possible scenarios to usher in the end times.
- Book of Daniel Prophecy: End of Days Bible Study of the Prophet Daniel by H.L. Nigro - What the Jewish scriptures tell us about the end times.
- Book Review: The End Times Passover: Etymological Challenges to Millenarian Doctrines
- Book Review: Why Christians Will Suffer "Great Tribulation"
- Book Review: Left Behind Answered Verse by Verse
- Book Review: Earth Turns Heaven: The End and Beyond
- Book Review: The Origins of Left Behind Eschatology
- Last Days Mystery - Post-tribulation site
We are what we think.
- 06/23/2015 10:53 AM
Eyes Wide Open: Thinking about Worldview in Movies, Part 1
When I was in seminary, I had a side job as a movie reviewer for a major Christian periodical. For two years I spent nearly every Friday night sitting in arthouse theaters watching a lot of really bad films. Then, … Continue reading
- 06/16/2015 11:30 AM
Getting to Know Our Emotions from the Inside Out
Disney-Pixar’s Inside Out opens this week. The film’s fanciful premise invites moviegoers to “meet the little voices in your head”—specifically, our emotions, personified as Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust, and Fear. RTB editor Maureen Moser and I sat down to talk … Continue reading
- 06/09/2015 02:06 AM
Thinking Again about Logic
If you want your thoughts on any given subject to be clear and careful, it usually requires engaging the topic more than once. To think again about something means that you want to get it right. Before I came on … Continue reading
- 06/02/2015 02:48 AM
In the Works: Upcoming Book Compares Jesus and Other Religious Leaders
Since the beginning of the year, I’ve reposted several archived articles that compare Jesus Christ to other major religious leaders, specifically Siddhartha Gautama (the Buddha), Krishna, Confucius, and Muhammad. My recently completed book manuscript fleshes out and expands on what … Continue reading
- 05/26/2015 02:23 AM
Interviews with Apologetics Difference Makers
Over the lifetime of my former podcast, Straight Thinking, I had the opportunity to interview a plethora of scholars and scientists. Topics of discussion included science-faith issues, Christian apologetics and theology, and Islam. Below is a partial list of the … Continue reading
- 05/19/2015 01:46 PM
Review of “A.D. The Bible Continues”
Sunday nights have become much more exciting in my home as my family has been following the adventures of the apostles and the early church. Based on the resurrection account of the Gospel of John and the book of Acts, … Continue reading
- 05/12/2015 02:17 AM
Reflections on Prayer (Part 2)
Today RTB editor Maureen Moser and I conclude a discussion on prayer. (See part 1 here.) **** C. S. Lewis is credited with saying, “I don’t pray to change God’s mind; I pray to change my mind.” What would you … Continue reading
- 05/05/2015 02:17 AM
Reflections on Prayer (Part 1)
Prayer is an essential part of both the private Christian life and the church’s corporate worship. In this interview series, RTB editor Maureen Moser and I discuss the ins and outs of prayer. **** How does Scripture define prayer? I … Continue reading
- 04/28/2015 02:34 AM
How Christianity Shaped Western Civilization
Today’s guest article was written by Dr. Andrew Stebbins. If someone asked you to name the single most important influence in the formation of Western civilization, would Christianity come to mind? In the current cultural climate, Christianity’s positive contribution toward … Continue reading
- 04/21/2015 02:56 AM
What Is Biblical Inerrancy? (Part 2)
Last week, we discussed the definition of biblical inerrancy and how this important doctrine works in areas of apparent disagreement between science and Scripture. Here, RTB editor Maureen Moser and I talk about rigidity and flexibility in inerrancy. **** I … Continue reading
Last Modified May 25, 2012