Rebuttals Against Evolution
If you believe that the theory of macroevolution is true, prepare to be challenged. No, you won't find the usual creationist rhetoric about the second law of thermodynamics, Nebraska Man, or the creationism charges of mistakes made by evolutionists 60 years ago. What you will find is the best of creationary science - real, peer-reviewed scientific literature of studies done by evolutionists! Start here and work your way down the page.
- General Rebuttal to the Theory of Evolution - a general examination of why macroevolution is false
- A Scientific Case Against Evolution by Robert Locke, a self-described, non-creationist
- The Philosophical Impossibility of Darwinian Naturalistic Evolution by Dennis Bonnette
- Origin of Life Theories: Metabolism-first vs. Replicator-first Hypotheses - Origin of life researchers fight it out to prove each other wrong. Maybe they are both correct!
- Origin of Life: Earth's Early Atmosphere Wasn't Reducing - The holy grail of abiogenesis, a reducing atmosphere, has been proven not to have existed for at least 500 million years before life originated.
- Abiogenesis: Is the Chemical Origin
of Life a Realistic Scenario? - a list of the "science of the gaps"
beliefs of those who reject a Creator God.
- Think you have the answer? Enter to win $1.35 million!
- The Origin of Homochirality: A Major Problem for Origin of Life Theories - biologically active amino acids and nucleic acids are optically pure, but can you get there merely with prebiotic chemistry?
- Problems with the Origin of Biological Membranes Under Prebiotic Conditions - Not only is it impossible to get replication and metabolism, but formation of membranes under early earth conditions is extremely problematic.
- What's Wrong With NASA's Arsenic-Eating Bacteria Study? - Doesn't this prove that life can originate and survive under almost any environment? Think cold fusion!
- NASA Scientist Discovers Alien Life in Meteorites - Again! NOT! - As Pharyngula blog commented, "I'm looking forward to the publication next year of the discovery of an extraterrestrial rabbit in a meteor."
- Weird Life: Must Life Be Based on Carbon and Water? - Science fiction writers love to speculate on the possibility of non-carbon ("weird life"). Does the chemistry of such possible biomolecules support those ideas?
- Evolution Deception in California State High School Biology Textbook Biology: Principles & Explorations - This high school biology textbook gives the impression that the spontaneous origin of life is a done deal. Predictably, all the science contradicting spontaneous origin is conveniently omitted.
- Cell Membrane-Like Organic Vesicles Formed in Conditions Mimicking Interstellar Clouds? - Did interstellar gas clouds form organic membrane-like structures that led to the emergence of life on earth? An example of an unbelievably flawed study.
- Origin of life: latest theories/problems - a discussion of the problems inherent in the Ribonucleic acid: a chemical that directs the manufacture of proteins and sometimes codes for the genetic material within certain organisms.RNA World hypothesis.
- Book Review: Origins of Life: Biblical and Evolutionary Models Face Off
- The Origin of Life on Planet Earth by Jim Schicatano
- Book Review: Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design by Stephen Meyer
- Meyer, S.C. 2004 The Origin of Biological Information and the Higher Taxonomic Categories. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington 117:213-239. A peer-reviewed publication delineating the profound problem of information explosion during the Cambrian, arguing that intelligent design provides a better explanation than natural selection.
- Book Review: Darwin's Doubt: The Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design - Evidence from the Cambrian confirms Darwin's doubt about the ability of the fossil record to explain the origin of animals.
- Descent of Mankind Theory: Disproved by Molecular Biology
- The Origin of Mankind and the Races - An examination of evolutionary and creationary models and how they fit the current scientific data ( PowerPoint Presentation, 1.5 MB).
- The Human Difference: How Humans are Unique Compared to All Other Animals - Think man is just a glorified ape? Think again. A scientific and biblical examination of the evidence.
- Human Y-Chromosome: 'horrendously different' from Nearest Living 'Relative' - Aren't humans and chimpanzees 98% Identical?
- Mind-Body Dualism - Is the Mind Purely a Function of the Brain? - Science has disproved the existence of the soul?
- Out of Africa or Out of Eden: Does Science Contradict the Bible? New data suggests an explanation for the apparent contradiction.
- Australopithecus sediba: The Missing Link Between Apes and Humans? Australopithecus sediba appears to be a specialized ape rather than an intermediate.
- A Philosophical Critical Analysis of Recent Ape-Language Studies by Dennis Bonnette - Do the ape language studies show that they are similar to humans?
- Must Human Evolution Contradict Genesis? by Dennis Bonnette - Does an intellectual Christian need to reject Genesis?
- Did Darwin Prove Genesis a Fairy Tale? by Dennis Bonnette
- Time to Abandon the Genesis Story? by Dennis Bonnette (off site)
- Thomas Aquinas Meets Nim Chimpsky: On The Debate About Human Nature And The Nature Of Other Animals by Marie George ( PDF file, 165 kb)
- Long Life Spans- "Adam Lived 930 Years and Then He Died" -Is it impossible that humans could have lived nearly a millennium?
- Hobbit Human-Like Species Found on Flores Island in Indonesia - Is this proof or a problem for evolution? Is it merely a microencephalic with congenital abnormalities?
- A Scientific and Biblical Response to "Up from the Apes. Remarkable New Evidence Is Filling in the Story of How We Became Human" - A comprehensive response to the Time article of August 23, 1999 by Fazale Rana, Ph.D., Richard Deem, MS, and Hugh Ross, Ph.D.
- Book Review: Who Was Adam?: A Creation Model Approach to the Origin of Man
- Book Review: Origin of the Human Species
- Tetrapod Tracks Overturn Reigning Evolutionary Theory on Fish-Tetrapod Transition - Fossilized tracks of large, advanced four legged animals are found from 395 million years ago - at least 10-30 million years before the existence of their transitional or intermediate "ancestors."
- Early Design in Eyes from Shrimp-like Anomalocaris - How did evolution design 16,000-lense eyes and the neural capacity to interpret it only a few tens of millions of years after the first animal life appeared in the seas?
- Did Scientists Evolve a Multicellular Organism from a Single-Celled Organism? - Even though it took 3 billion years for multicellular organisms to appear on earth, scientists were able to produce multicellular organisms from unicellular ones in mere days. If you believe that, I have a bridge you can buy!
- Demise of the "Birds are Dinosaurs" Theory - two clever studies by well-known avian evolutionists. - "The opponents of the theropod hypothesis refuse to propose an alternative hypothesis that is falsifiable. This is probably because there are no other suitable candidates for avian ancestors.
- Recent Problems in Evolution - expose of evolution's failings (from 1990 onward)
- The Evolution (NOT!) Times - news not found in your local newspaper or evolution textbook.
- Intentional Deception by Evolutionists - Oops! Evolutionists caught using the "techniques of creationists"!
- Evolution of Banana-Eating Moth in Less Than 1000 Years? In this "best example of evolution," Kenneth Miller got the genus wrong, the number of species wrong and outright lied about the evolution of "specialized mouth parts."
- Sexual Reproduction: A Continuing Mystery to Evolutionists - Sexual reproduction and recombination acts to dilute Permanent structural alterations in DNA, consisting of either substitutions, insertions or deletions of nucleotide bases.mutations - minimizing the effects of harmful Permanent structural alterations in DNA, consisting of either substitutions, insertions or deletions of nucleotide bases.mutations to preserve fitness, but also concealing beneficial Permanent structural alterations in DNA, consisting of either substitutions, insertions or deletions of nucleotide bases.mutations, which prevents these Permanent structural alterations in DNA, consisting of either substitutions, insertions or deletions of nucleotide bases.mutations from being acted on by natural selection.
- Second Thoughts about Peppered Moths - This classical story of evolution by natural selection needs revising, by Jonathan Wells, Ph.D. (off site)
- Naturalistic Biological Change and the Bible - Does the Bible preclude any form of evolution? The answer may surprise you!
- Inherit the Wind- The Truth About the "Real Brady" (William Jennings Bryan) of the Scopes 'Monkey Trial' This fictionalized depiction of the Scopes trial distorts the original characters, vilifying the Christians and elevating the evolutionists. If such a book were written intentionally distorting any other religious or ethnic minority (blacks, Jews, Moslems, etc.) it would be banned from public schools - much less actually used in classrooms.
- Implications of Evolution in Morality, Culture, and Society - Evolution has profound implications in the areas of human worth, purpose, and morality.
- Are Atheists and Theists Morally Equivalent? - What moral values do atheists consider to be "very important?"
- Atheism Doesn't Lead to Immoral Behavior or Poor Ethics - Or Does It? In theory doesn't necessarily lead to immoral behavior, but in practice...
- Scientists are Completely Unbiased? They would never put paradigm over data, would they?
- Parasite Ecology and the Evolution of Religion - A paper by Ben Cullen, which argues against Richard Dawkins' "religion as a disease" position, on the grounds that Dawkins has not manipulated neo-Darwinian logic consistently. Cullen argues that Dawkins has erected a highly personal view of religion, which is in complete conflict with both his own selfish gene theories (Dawkins, 1989), and a growing body of parasite research.
- Creation-Evolution-Design Links - Find other good creation/evolution information on the Internet
The Edge of Evolution: The Search for the Limits of Darwinism by Michael Behe
Darwin's Black Box author Michael Behe takes on the limits of evolution through an examination of specific genetic examples. Behe finds that mutation and natural selection is capable of generating trivial examples of evolutionary change. Although he concludes that descent with modification has occurred throughout biological history, the molecular devices found throughout nature cannot be accounted for through natural selection and mutation. Behe's book claims to develop a framework for testing intelligent design by defining the principles by which Darwinian evolution can be distinguished from design.
Icons of Evolution by Jonathan Wells
In this book, biologist Jonathan Wells examines recent college and high school textbooks (from 1998-2000), and shows how they distort the truth about biology, often presenting information that has been falsified by recent scientific studies. Icons refuted include the origin of life (the famous Miller experiment), embryo drawings that were faked, the famous Pepper Moth example of natural selection, which used staged/fake photographs, showing moths on tree trunks, genetically engineered fruit flies, the beak of the finch, archaeopteryx, and much more.
Dawkins' God: Genes, Memes, And The Meaning Of Life
by Alister McGrath. According to Francis Collins, Director of the Human Genome
"Wielding evolutionary arguments and carefully chosen metaphors like sharp swords, Richard Dawkins has emerged over three decades as this generation's most aggressive promoter of atheism. In his view, science, and science alone, provides the only rock worth standing on. In this remarkable book, Alister McGrath challenges Dawkins on the very ground he holds most sacred -- rational argument -- and McGrath disarms the master. It becomes readily apparent that Dawkins has aimed his attack at a naive version of faith that most serious believers would not recognize. After reading this carefully constructed and eloquently written book, Dawkins’ choice of atheism emerges as the most irrational of the available choices about God's existence."
Evolution: A Theory in Crisis by Michael Denton
A general discussion of some of the problems associated with macroevolution. It is somewhat outdated, but a good introduction to the overall scope.
Creation: Science, Faith & Intelligent Design, William A.
Dembski, editor InterVarsity Press (1998), 448 pp.
Nineteen experts trained in mathematics, mechanical engineering,
philosophy, astrophysics, ecology, evolutionary biology, and other
disciplines challenge the reigning ideology of materialistic
naturalism on both scientific and philosophical grounds, as they
press their case for a radical thinking of established evolutionary
How Blind Is the Watchmaker?: Nature's Design & the Limits of Naturalistic Science by Neil Broom, William A. Dembski. This book examines the naturalistic origin of life, along with the intricate complexity of design in biology, and exposes the weaknesses of the naturalistic Neo-Darwinian paradigm.
Last Modified September 24, 2014