Problems in Evolutionary Biology Theories
Is biological evolution a fact? If one is referring to mutation and natural selection that can change a non-complex character trait, such as the color of fur or skin, the answer is "yes." However, does neo-Darwinian theory explain macroevolution - the change that results species acquiring completely new traits? Just how good are those examples of evolution in action?
- General Rebuttal to the Theory of Evolution - a general examination of why macroevolution is false
- A Scientific Case Against Evolution by Robert Locke, a self-described, non-creationist
- The Philosophical Impossibility of Darwinian Naturalistic Evolution by Dennis Bonnette
- Intentional Deception by Evolutionists - Oops! Evolutionists caught using the "techniques of creationists"!
- Evolution of Banana-Eating Moth in Less Than 1000 Years? In this "best example of evolution," Kenneth Miller got the genus wrong, the number of species wrong and outright lied about the evolution of "specialized mouth parts."
- Did Scientists Evolve a Multicellular Organism from a Single-Celled Organism? - Even though it took 3 billion years for multicellular organisms to appear on earth, scientists were able to produce multicellular organisms from unicellular ones in mere days. If you believe that, I have a bridge you can buy!
- Demise of the "Birds are Dinosaurs" Theory - two clever studies by well-known avian evolutionists. - "The opponents of the theropod hypothesis refuse to propose an alternative hypothesis that is falsifiable. This is probably because there are no other suitable candidates for avian ancestors".
- Tetrapod Tracks Overturn Reigning Evolutionary Theory on Fish-Tetrapod Transition - Fossilized tracks of large, advanced four legged animals are found from 395 million years ago - at least 10-30 million years before the existence of their transitional or intermediate "ancestors."
- Early Design in Eyes from Shrimp-like Anomalocaris - How did evolution design 16,000-lense eyes and the neural capacity to interpret it only a few tens of millions of years after the first animal life appeared in the seas?
- Sexual Reproduction: A Continuing Mystery to Evolutionists - Sexual reproduction and recombination acts to dilute Permanent structural alterations in DNA, consisting of either substitutions, insertions or deletions of nucleotide bases.mutations - minimizing the effects of harmful Permanent structural alterations in DNA, consisting of either substitutions, insertions or deletions of nucleotide bases.mutations to preserve fitness, but also concealing beneficial Permanent structural alterations in DNA, consisting of either substitutions, insertions or deletions of nucleotide bases.mutations, which prevents these Permanent structural alterations in DNA, consisting of either substitutions, insertions or deletions of nucleotide bases.mutations from being acted on by natural selection.
- Recent Problems in Evolution - expose of evolution's failings (from 1990 onward)
- The Evolution (NOT!) Times - news not found in your local newspaper or evolution textbook.
- Second Thoughts about Peppered Moths - This classical story of evolution by natural selection needs revising, by Jonathan Wells, Ph.D. (off site)
- Meyer, S.C. 2004 The Origin of Biological Information and the Higher Taxonomic Categories. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington 117:213-239. A peer-reviewed publication delineating the profound problem of information explosion during the Cambrian, arguing that intelligent design provides a better explanation than natural selection.
- Book Review: More Than a Theory: Revealing a Testable Model for Creation by Hugh Ross
- Book Review: Creation As Science: A Testable Model Approach to End the Creation/evolution Wars
- Book Review: Intelligent Design 101: Leading Experts Explain the Key Issues
More Evolution vs. Design
- Evidence for Design in the Universe
- Evidence for Design in Biology
- Scientific Theories on the Origin of Life
- Theories on the Descent of Humans
- Evolutionary Theories and Biblical Morality
The Edge of Evolution: The Search for the Limits of Darwinism by Michael Behe
Darwin's Black Box author Michael Behe takes on the limits of evolution through an examination of specific genetic examples. Behe finds that mutation and natural selection is capable of generating trivial examples of evolutionary change. Although he concludes that descent with modification has occurred throughout biological history, the molecular devices found throughout nature cannot be accounted for through natural selection and mutation. Behe's book claims to develop a framework for testing intelligent design by defining the principles by which Darwinian evolution can be distinguished from design.
Icons of Evolution by Jonathan Wells
In this book, biologist Jonathan Wells examines recent college and high school textbooks (from 1998-2000), and shows how they distort the truth about biology, often presenting information that has been falsified by recent scientific studies. Icons refuted include the origin of life (the famous Miller experiment), embryo drawings that were faked, the famous Pepper Moth example of natural selection, which used staged/fake photographs, showing moths on tree trunks, genetically engineered fruit flies, the beak of the finch, archaeopteryx, and much more.
Dawkins' God: Genes, Memes, And The Meaning Of Life
by Alister McGrath. According to Francis Collins, Director of the Human Genome
"Wielding evolutionary arguments and carefully chosen metaphors like sharp swords, Richard Dawkins has emerged over three decades as this generation's most aggressive promoter of atheism. In his view, science, and science alone, provides the only rock worth standing on. In this remarkable book, Alister McGrath challenges Dawkins on the very ground he holds most sacred -- rational argument -- and McGrath disarms the master. It becomes readily apparent that Dawkins has aimed his attack at a naive version of faith that most serious believers would not recognize. After reading this carefully constructed and eloquently written book, Dawkins’ choice of atheism emerges as the most irrational of the available choices about God's existence."
Evolution: A Theory in Crisis by Michael Denton
A general discussion of some of the problems associated with macroevolution. It is somewhat outdated, but a good introduction to the overall scope.
How Blind Is the Watchmaker?:
Nature's Design & the Limits of Naturalistic Science by Neil Broom, William
A. Dembski. This book examines the naturalistic origin of life, along with the intricate complexity of
design in biology, and exposes the weaknesses of the naturalistic
Last Modified May 1, 2014