Our family eats a lot of chicken, since it is generally more healthy than other meats. This recipe uses a rich-tasting, no fat sour cream sauce to spice up pasta with chicken. In order to be done economically, I buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale at Stater Bros (usually ~ $1.77/lb). Alternatively, boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be purchased economically at most warehouse stores (Costco, Smart and Final, Sam's Club, etc.). I buy ~25 lbs and cook it all at once (cubed, whole, shredded - cooked in a pressure cooker). Portions of cooked chicken are frozen to enable quick meal preparation during the week.
- ~4 chicken breasts
- 2 lbs pasta
- 2 cups no fat sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning spices
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta for 10 minutes. Drain and wash.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning spices, and salt to taste to fat-free sour cream and simmer while pasta is cooking.
- Cut chicken breasts into cubes and cook in a Teflon-coated frying pan (use no oil).
- Add chicken pieces to sauce and serve over cooked pasta. Serves 4-6.
- artichoke hearts
- broccoli or other vegetables