These cookies can be made to have a semi-sweet to dark chocolate flavor, depending upon the amount of cocoa added. Add more cocoa powder to give the cookies more of a "kick."
- whites from 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 10 tablespoons powered cocoa
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Separate egg whites from 4 large eggs.
- Beat on high speed in a small bowl with a mixer to form stiff peaks.
- Slowly add sugar into beaten egg whites on high speed. Mixture will be thick at the end.
- Transfer egg white/sugar mixture into a large bowl.
- Add powdered cocoa to egg white/sugar mixture using slow speed. Mixture will have a pudding-like consistency.
- Drop ~2 tablespoons/cookie onto cookie sheet and bake 11 minutes.
- ~24 cookies
- 50 calories/cookie
- 2 calories fat/cookie
- 6 mg sodium/cookie
- Cost: ~$1.30